Prazipro buyers:This is why

Its not reef safe. That's why some people soak the food. If you do just make sure not to pour the water you soaked food in into the tank.

Hey Phil. Do you or will you use this for preventative on all your QT fish or just fish from hawaii? Also have you used it in the past with success on a infected fish?

No I have not used it before. I have wanted to and the Hawaiian fish order got me off my duff. I have read up on it extensively and found several very experienced aquarists use it as part of their regular regimen in QT. With bigger fish you can use the powder form. Just feed the powder to freshwater ghost shrimp. Then feed the shrimp to the fish. In the fish group buy thread I posted the doses to use for that route.

Since fish from different locales get mixed freely at the wholesalers I will incorporate this for all fish. There was a thread about a year ago I wish I could find again. Someone started using praziquantal and all his fish did so much better afterwards. He found almost all his fish had some level of worms; even the ones without the usual telltale sign of stringy white feces. Not sure if that is still true but it sure would explain lots of the mystery deaths we hear about.

Back