Pretty Shady....

irky

So I saw this item on ebay and it was 5 normal blue zoos. No fancy names just good old blue zoos the catch was it was 15 dollars shipped.... I thought in life when stuff is to good to be true, well... But for 15 bucks I was willing to go for it and they had good feedback. In the mean time I told my wife we prolly got jacked for the money. Yesterday I got an email confirming my zos were shipped.... Well today I get them and they are in a USPS envelope not bad, I open it up, they are packed like live rock meaning no water just wet newspaper?!?!!? I mean how do you acclimate a wet zoo? Anyways, I should have known better they look pretty bad in the tank. Has anyone else ever had this experience?

Irky,

Rinse them off in tank water, dip them in TMPCC or whatever you use, and then put them in the tank. They might be fine in a few days.

Keep us posted. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14832803#post14832803 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skunkmere
better than 25 for shipping. i read that its better than shipping with water.

Low Tide causes a lot of corals to be out of the water for a few hours. I've recieved snails shipped dry and they were all fine.

Bill

Thanks guys...
I forgot to dip them I will in the morning...
In the evelope the there was a heavy cardboard like triangle rotecting the zoos from being crushed . Yes, it sure does beat 25 for shipping hopefully they pop open. It was quite the surprise when i opended them but the low tide and what not make sense...

the person was roesmarineworld....
Man they are just stright scammers...
those zoos are dead!!
worst of all I had to wait around all afternoon because that garbage was shipped requiring confirmation....
Oh well you win some and you lose some.....

I've thought about ordering from them before, but I never did. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. FWIW I've received zoas shipped as you described (from other sellers) and they did fine.

I've bought from them on their website about 3 years ago (if it's the same 'roesmarineworld') The frags did great and also got some extras. I would contact them asap and also take pictures if you haven't allready.

Yea, I just got my order from them too. mostly doing well, one frag is so so but thats due to somestupid *** stars.

They told me they heard of a new way to ship and decided to try it out on this last shipment(more about time not method)... I am over it but the A$$hole keeps lecturing me on what I should and should not do. He thinks I am in high school and fails to realize I am in the last two weeks of law school with an accounting and finance degree topped on with several years of corporate experience. He claims I have zero idea of how business works. HE IS REALLY IRRITATING ME! A simple apology we are trying a new shipping method would have sufficed.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14847197#post14847197 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by irky
They told me they heard of a new way to ship and decided to try it out on this last shipment(more about time not method)... I am over it but the A$$hole keeps lecturing me on what I should and should not do. He thinks I am in high school and fails to realize I am in the last two weeks of law school with an accounting and finance degree topped on with several years of corporate experience. He claims I have zero idea of how business works. HE IS REALLY IRRITATING ME! A simple apology we are trying a new shipping method would have sufficed.

Often new ways of doing business are tried...When they don't work A simple apology is best and a replacement or refund...I totally agree.

If they refuse to honor their contract please spread the word.

Bill

For what its worth I placed an order through this company called, aquatic-store.com and bought a ballast (that was cracked) and the wrong type from them. Over the phone was told would get full refund - shipping. So since I did not hear back from them as no action taken since I sent back the ballast I made a claim with paypal.
From the email they finally sent stated I was in the wrong for not letting them get back with me lol. What wait 5 more days? $78 is $78.
Just an fyi this company was very poor and I would not ever do business with them.
Ballast was for the JBJ Nano.

My experience with them is only one of hundreds they do through ebay. I do not think it is completely fair to say never use them as others have had some success. I stopped emailing them because it was becoming a futile war of words. Essentially, they insinuated they would send me replacement coral if I paid shipping.... As I am stubborn sometimes I told them I would just take the $15 hit at this point and they lost a customer(did not really want to pay shipping for the same lil coral frag).....
The only thing I will say is, when I stated I would address my issue in feedback they got real angry and said they would meet with a ebay rep. yada yada yada. I have never really had an ebay problem but apparently if your not persistant the seller can get back feedback lifted. I am not an idiot and did check their feedback b/f ordering and it was 97% good.... Ah well I am done wasting my time and yours writing about this..I guess my point is maybe feedback is not always an accurate indicator. However, I could be wrong I am not an ebay expert. Its a beautiful day and I am going to head out and enjoy it. Sorry for all the ranting but thanks for listening.

Back