prices for zoa's

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisrex

Is it me or are some of these's mutations way over price,

I'm new fairly new to the hobby, my tank is a bc29 1 year old. I love Zoas and button polyps but I'm finding that some of the prices of what people are charging per head is outta whack I've seen people asking 100-200 for a zoa
I just scratch my head and wonder why? Your not doing yours selfs any favors selling at an unrealistic price, and not having much of a turn over rate with sales it would be more benifitual to lower the price and have more stock and make more money in the end. But guess that there are people out there willing to pay the prices for a supposed rare mutation so nothing will probably changed lol anyways that's my little rant what do you think ?

I'm new fairly new to the hobby, my tank is a bc29 1 year old. I love Zoas and button polyps but I'm finding that some of the prices of what people are charging per head is outta whack I've seen people asking 100-200 for a zoa
I just scratch my head and wonder why? Your not doing yours selfs any favors selling at an unrealistic price, and not having much of a turn over rate with sales it would be more benifitual to lower the price and have more stock and make more money in the end. But guess that there are people out there willing to pay the prices for a supposed rare mutation so nothing will probably changed lol anyways that's my little rant what do you think ?

You said it yourself. People are willing to pay it

demand has a lot to do with.im a sps guy and i have no problems spending $300 for a acro frag.in fact i have many of them. there is a reason why they are that expensive.do some research on the expensive ones see if they check out other places

Chrisrex, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent sentence were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having seen it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

4/10 for grammar, but good point. Zoa prices can be ridiculous, I've seen some lovely polyps that I'd love to have in my tank, but paying $75/head for something half the size of a pencil eraser is just out of my league.

I suppose, though, if people will pay it, the sellers have every right to charge whatever prices they want! The free market is a wonderful thing :D

You're right (as best I can read the spelling lol!). And after you've been around awhile you'll see that very expensive zoas soon become just expensive zoas and in time just pricey zoas and after 2-3 yeras they have been propagated enough that become just another pretty zoa. But there are always new ones coming out. I think people who buy 2 and 3 polyp zoa frags for $50-$100 or more per polyp fall into 2 categories. They either plan to grow them out and sell frags themselves (and that's fine), or they are bat crap crazy!
As trinity said, the same thing goes on with lps and sps corals. But there are way less 'mutants' or hybreds or new finds. And sps take so much longer to grow out for fraging, so they stay expensive and rare a bit longer.

Chrisrex, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent sentence were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having seen it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Sorry KJA, but if it didn't make any sense to you, then you are dumber than the rest of us. :headwally:

THIS is one of the most "insanely idiotic" replies I have ever seen.....

and in response to stupidly priced corals I will just say....Purple Hornets....That's right...$300 a polyp a very few years ago....growing like dandelions in anybody's tank who wants them now....not a real great investment according to my portfolio manager....

Yeah some of them can get a bit outrageous for my personal taste. I'm not one to pay 200 dollars for a single polyp of shazaam or bowsers or any of that. I'll shell out ten bucks a polyp for rastas, fruit loops, or JF bloodshots since I think they are beautiful.

Really? Why are people on here always bashing people for unimportant things? Who cares about the grammar as long as it's readable.....smh

why not split a small colony with a friend or two, then grow them, and sell the frags at an undercut price? :)

once coral import sale/trade ban is in effect, it will shoot up prices multiple fold. The prices can be ridiculous.

While I can by no means speak to KJA's intent I do feel it is worth mentioning that his comment is a direct quote from the movie Billy Madison and very well could be meant to have a humerous tone.

To the topic, zoa's just aren't my thing, but I definetly don't begrudge someone who is really into them and wants to pay the price for what they like. The main enjoyment I get from my few is when people are over at the house and looking at the tank I do enjoy pointing them out and informting my guests that, "Those have one of the most toxic substanes on the planet in them". Honetly I have no idea whether my species do or not, but my friends don't know that...

I see no problem with the high prices. I will pay it if I want the polyp that bad and can't wait for a fellow reefer to frag some of theirs.

I wouldnt say direct quote as he said thread instead of room lol. But none the less i am sure he was just playing.

Closed. Some of you need lessons on diplomacy and tact (not to mention a better understanding of the User Agreement).

Chrisrex, do not use that term (since removed) in your posts. It is offensive to many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back