Prime Cured Live Rock from Aquarium Arts

Hammbone

I've placed my order for Prime Cured Live Rock from Aquarium Arts. I'm wondering if anyone else has used this rock and what their experience was.

I know that most "cured" LR for sale online has basically just been rinsed of and still needs to be cured, but this company actually does cycle the rock for several weeks and then only ships via overnight service and ships in water. They claim that you really don't have to cure their rock.

Please don't reply here just to say that all LR that has been shipped needs to be cycled. I'm looking for people with experience with this Prime Cured LR from Aquarium Arts. I'd like to know what people's experience has been with this rock. Maybe it still will need a short cycle and maybe it won't. I've ordered 160lbs of it for my 110G long tank and I'd appreciate any set-up tips as this will be my first salt water tank.

Thanks, Jim

I ordered some this past spring from him. Good company and very good rock. Shipped when he said and looked even better than I thought. Well worth it to me when I was setting up that tank, I did not have time to mess with pre-cured or un-cured ect. I never spiked at all, heck never even registered on any test kit it was that good.

As for tips for setting it up, what are you wanting to achieve ect.. and what equipment do you have?

Well, I'm still setting up and running plumbing and such. You can see the start of my equipment list at the bottom of my post.
I'm planning on a reef tank, but I'm still researching corals as to what type I want. It will probably end up being mixed corals and some reef safe fish. I know I want an anemone eventually with a couple of clown fish.
I will have my DT on my main floor with my sump and equipment in the basement.

It's good to hear that you never spiked at all. I'm hoping for the same. This rock sounds almost too good to be true. The LR at my LFS looks like crap, but I didn't want to stink up my house by cycling LR. This Prime Cured LR sounds like exactly what I want.

Thanks, Jim

Back