problem with lighting code, ramp up.

Cheezefrog

My setups pretty simple, running 29 Gal biocube with Steve's LEDs and his Aquarium controller interface.

Blue_LEDs - (base_Var1)
Code:
Fallback OFF 
Set OFF 
If Time 09:00 to 10:00 Then RampUP
If Time 10:00 to 14:00 Then Full
If Time 14:00 to 15:00 Then RampDN

White_LEDs - (base_Var2)
Code:
Fallback OFF 
Set OFF 
If Time 10:00 to 11:00 Then RampUP
If Time 11:00 to 16:00 Then Full
If Time 16:00 to 17:00 Then RampDN

Basically the issue is with the blues "resetting" themselves once they've reached full around 10am and the whites come on, it ramp's itself in 10 steps in about 10 seconds(if that makes sense) basically re-dimming in stages of 10% for about 10 seconds until (100%) full again; then it's fine. I've just got a set of blues, and a set of whites, with a 'class' of RampUP/DN in 60 minutes to reach 100%-0%

As far as I can tell...the RampDN works fine. There seems to be no similar issue with the whites for instance once they've reached "full" they do not reset, they are fine..

My issue is, once the 'sunrise' for the blue RampUP starts for the day its fine. However, once the Blues reach "full" around 10:00am(as soon as the whites come on) the blue Leds are basically re-ramping itself in ticks of 10 to reach 100% again in basically a matter of 10 seconds. I am not sure what is causing this entirely, as I have not noticed the "white leds" var 2 ramp do the same once they are full.

Apologies, new to neptune, love it though.

In your profile for full on your blues is your starting and ending intensity the same? If your start intensity is 0 then this could be your problem.

In your profile for full on your blues is your starting and ending intensity the same? If your start intensity is 0 then this could be your problem.

I see what your saying, that might make sense on what makes it go back to 0 once 10:00 is triggered.

Mark,

Here's the profiles:

Code:
Profile: RampUP (PF1)

Profile Name:  RampUP

Control Type: Ramp 

Ramp profile setup
-----------------

Ramp time (minutes) 60	
Start intensity	0
End intensity	100

Code:
Profile: RampDN (PF2)

Profile Name:  RampDN

Control Type: Ramp 

Ramp profile setup
-----------------

Ramp time (minutes) 60	
Start intensity	100
End intensity	0

Code:
Profile: FULL (PF3)  
Profile Name Full

Control Type  Ramp	

Ramp profile setup 
-------------------
Ramp time (minutes)	1
Start intensity	0
End intensity	100

After adding this I'm pretty sure I figured out the problem, can't believe I missed it...So other than 100/100 for the intensity, should the ramp time be 1 or 0 value?

thank you!!

Glad you got it figured out.

Just for future info, with a matching start and end intensity you could have the ramp time be stated as the entire on time and there would be no intensity differences/changes. But having it set to 0 doesn't hurt. Now if you had a ramp time of 0 yet still had the 0/100 intensities then it would reset to 0 at the beginning of the cycle and instantly go back to 100.

Back