Problem with @x96 watt remote ballast (Hamilton)

DeltecRules

I have been running a Hamilton Deluxe 48 inch 2X175 watt and 2X96 watt PC's system for 4 years without any issues. A bulb just recently burned out and I went to replace it. When I replaced bulb and switched the PC's back on. The one bulb refuses to light up. I am not a eletrician and I know it can be anything. Could it be a bad fuse that burned out in the ballast?

This is the remote ballast I am talkig about.

REPLACEMENT 2 x 96 WATT ASSEMBLED COMPACT FL BALLAST - BLACK QUICK DISCONNECT

Assembled, remote compact fluorescent replacement ballast with 6 prong black quick disconnect and 6 foot grounded power cord for 2 x 96 watt compact fluorescent bulbs. For Hamilton 2 x 96 watt retrofit or Deluxe hood with remote 2 x 96 watt ballast and black 6 prong quick disconnect plug only.

Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks

Scott

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12921870#post12921870 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 2crazyreefers
One of my friends had the same issue with his Hamilton hood which he ended up ordering a new ballast from them.

Thanks man. I ordered a new one anyways. Most likely one of the ballasts went bad. To send it back for repair, plus shipping would equal about the cost for a new one.

Scott

Open up the ballast case and you'll probably find a Workhorse ballast. You can get it from Hamilton for like $35 and put it in yourself.

Back