Propeller noise on Nanon Stream 6045

Joboo

Hi Roger,

I have a Nano Stream 6045 and when I have the adjustable flow sleeve set to most restrictive(See Pic) I get loud noises coming from what looks like the propeller, almost looks like its hitting the adjustable flow sleeve. This does go away when I adjust the flow sleeve about a third of the way up. My goal is to set the stream to the least amount of flow possible.

I have tried to power on/off the stream a few times thinking it make have to do with the propeller correcting the direction it spins but it never works. When I adjust the flow control 1/3 of the way (see pic) it always works. Any ideas?

Thanks
John

Last edited:
The most plausible is something is caught between the sleeve and the housing, the sleeve can be removed and replaced, the tolerance is very tight so something like a bit of sand or something can raise the tube enough it hits the propeller. I would remove it, rinse the parts and reassemble.

Thanks Roger!

I did do a complete cleaner of the device but I will check it again. I even used vinegar to restore it to factory condition. I've had it for 4 years so I'm sure that might play a role in it. Just trying to figure out what I should replace to fix it.

If the metal shaft is still rigidly fixed in the pump, the most plausible is the front housing, parts 6045.131 and .132, but I would be surprised if cleaning and reassembling alone wouldn't solve it.

Back