protein skimmer

mucsles916

i have i euro reef skimmer that constantly shuting off. i usually just blow into the air line and it kicks on. but that trick wont work anymore. i feel the pump going ,but no bubbles!:mad2: any tips?

How long since you cleaned it? I would take it apart and check it. Every time one of mine seizes up I give it a soak in some vinegar and then let it run in the vinegar for an hour or so. Also make sure your air line and venturi isn't clogged with salt creep.

sounds like your airline is plugged up. clean your airline out and give your pump a vinegar bath or just clear the salt buildup where your airline attaches at the pump with a small screwdiver or paperclip or whatever.

sounds like your airline is plugged up. clean your airline out and give your pump a vinegar bath or just clear the salt buildup where your airline attaches at the pump with a small screwdiver or paperclip or whatever.

something is holding the impellar inside the pump from moving, pull it apart and soak in vinigar has always worked for me.

Back