PSA: Do not buy a custom tank from WindRider Creations

jbird0420

I was hoping I could post a positive recommendation, but unfortunately my overall experience leads me to state that I absolutely would not recommend ordering from this company. I ordered a custom acrylic tank and stand in October after seeing photos on Facebook of what looked like great quality work. I paid over $2400 and was excited to receive my custom order. When I received my stand, I had to stain some areas myself that were missed. The hinges to the cabinets are uneven, one so noticeable that there is about a 3/4" gap where it should be more flush. I paid extra for the handles to be installed, but they were installed crooked which was disappointing. I still looked past the imperfections though as this wasn't what really lead to my overall dissatisfaction. The tank itself was delivered and within approximately three hours of filling it with water and all of my livestock, a crack appeared. In a panic, I drained the tank and removed all of my livestock as I certainly did not want water flooding my house nor did I want to lose my livestock. This process is tedious and time-consuming since the tank holds approximately 130 gallons of water. I contacted Steve at Windrider and told him what happened. He said it had never happened before but that he would replace the tank. I had to email/text Steve numerous times over the course of approximately one month to see when my new tank would arrive. He promised I'd have the new tank within a week and a half. I had to wait about a month, all the while with this cracked tank sitting in my hallway and my old tank set back up temporarily to keep my livestock alive. I had to buy Brute trash cans to hold some of the salt water and these were sitting in my dining room and hallway for the duration of the ordeal. It was an inconvenience to say the least, especially around the holidays, but I stayed hopeful and patient. Finally I got the replacement tank. It arrived and Steve drilled the holes for the overflow in the wrong spot and had to take it back to replace the tank once again. Again, I was promised a week and a half turn around time. This time it took three weeks for the new tank to arrive. He delivered it but failed to deliver the overflow tops as promised as well as bulkheads because I had to cut the old bulkheads to remove the plumbing from the cracked tank. He said he would get the overflow tops to me if I sent him a picture with the measurements. I would have thought he would have known the measurements since he built the tank, but I still sent him the photos and measurements as requested. It's been about two months and I have not received the overflow tops that were promised to me, and Steve will not respond to my requests. I have been patient, and yes, I spent a lot of money on this custom tank. There was also an issue between Steve and Mario (the man who built the stand) about the final amount I owed and I had to send screenshots of my initial conversations and order information to avoid being charged an additional $150 that I was suddenly being asked for upon delivery. I do not feel like I received the value I was hoping for. I was severely inconvenienced, blown off numerous times, lost some livestock during the process of everything, had to spend more money on plumbing that had to be done twice since the overflows were in different places, I had to cut into the stand to accommodate the plumbing for the new overflow boxes, and I still have no overflow tops. I would have never posted this review had I received the overflow tops, but now that I am being ignored, I think my opinion should be known. Please consider this review before placing an order with this company. I would hate for someone else to go through the stress and aggravation that I've gone through.

Attachments

• 20181124_102613.jpg
    20181124_102613.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20181124_102718.jpg
    20181124_102718.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1
  • stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1
  • cabinet.jpg
    cabinet.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1
  • cabinet 2.jpg
    cabinet 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1
Yeah that's a good amount of money to be dealing with all that . Sorry to hear about all that but hopefully you'll get to enjoy it now without the worry...

Back