PSK-100 suggestions?

msbreton

I have a Eshopps PSK-100 skimmer in my sump, it's been running for ~6 weeks, that doesn't seem to skim much. I get great action in the chamber but at best I get 1" of weak wet skimate a week. I seemed to be getting more after the 2-3 week mark and I figured great, it's starting to break in, but that effectiveness seemed to wane and taper off. Any suggestions?

-Mike

I realized I did make a change in between the skimmer working well and it working less well. I re-did my return plumbing with 1" from 3/4" which *greatly* increased my flow. I suspect that's what's reduced the skimmer's effectiveness. I turned down the return flow a little yesterday and I'm already seeing an improvement.

How deep is it placed in the water? I found mind is best at around 9" of water. Other than that it really depends on the bio-load.

I realized I did make a change in between the skimmer working well and it working less well. I re-did my return plumbing with 1" from 3/4" which *greatly* increased my flow. I suspect that's what's reduced the skimmer's effectiveness. I turned down the return flow a little yesterday and I'm already seeing an improvement.

That sounds like a possible cause, the pumps in these skinners can't keep up with the return pumps.

Back