+ Puff of smoke?!

Ethics

Hey guys, so this morning I was watching my tank and I noticed something that looked like a puff of smoke come out of my liverock.

It happened twice.

Another weird thing is, I also saw my turbosnail blow this smoke stuff out of one of his tubes.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm seeing?

Thanks,
Mario

with the snail, it was spawing for sure. chances are it was the same with the LR. something in it was spawning.

lucky you...now you get more free turbos (if it was indeed spawning) Wish mine would...then i'd never have to buy them from the lfs for 2.50 a pop ;) Instead, you could sell to the lfs lol.

No way are you gusy serious, it's really funny that you guys say that's what it is because...

Yesterday the snail blew a puff of smoke, and today I noticed a little very tiny snail ont he glass, and I was like damn that looks like a turbo snail but thought it was impossible.

This makes me quite happy,

Thanks guys!
Mario :D

Well i doubt the miniture that you saw was from the same spawn you witnessed. But indeed they are spawning. Same with the liverock. -frank

ya it probably spawned a few days ago or something too, which is what that small one you saw would be. How'd you get them to spawn? lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8064766#post8064766 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ethics
No way are you gusy serious, it's really funny that you guys say that's what it is because...

Yesterday the snail blew a puff of smoke, and today I noticed a little very tiny snail ont he glass, and I was like damn that looks like a turbo snail but thought it was impossible.

This makes me quite happy,

Thanks guys!
Mario :D

dont get your hopes up just yet. gettings turbo snails to breed in the aquarium setting is near impossible. it does happen but not real often. the "baby turbo" you seen was probably a Collonista snail. these guys stay small and are one of the few snails that do a good job breeding in the tank.

You may also see stomatella snails doing this. They look like little locomotives. Mine did it today, but there were several fish that made serious inroads into the highly edible clouds of spawn.

Back