pump for phosban reactor

saltwatersmac

i'm planning on a phosban reactor to run phosban. it'll be on my 20 gal sump so head will be no more than 20 inches. which pump would you use? leaning toward a mini-jet or maxi-jet

When I got my Phosban Reactor, I emailed both TLF, the manufacturer, and Premium Aquactics, where I ordered it, about a pump recommendation. Both suggested the Mini-jets. I have a Mini-jet 606 running my reactor. One nice feature is the adjustable flow, especially when you're concerned about flow rates such as when running Phosban.

thanks everyone. I was leaning toward the Mini-jet 606 since its adjustable but if you use the maxijet 400 couldn't you just use the valve on the phosban reactor to control it?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6920111#post6920111 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltwatersmac
thanks everyone. I was leaning toward the Mini-jet 606 since its adjustable but if you use the maxijet 400 couldn't you just use the valve on the phosban reactor to control it?

Yup. Either pump will work fine. I've used both.

I just got my phosban reactor today, and the instructions recommend using the 500. Wouldn't you know it, I have a spare 900 and two 600s! Do you think I can use the 600 with it without turning the media to mush?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6921612#post6921612 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by yogisfriend
I just got my phosban reactor today, and the instructions recommend using the 500. Wouldn't you know it, I have a spare 900 and two 600s! Do you think I can use the 600 with it without turning the media to mush?

Sure. Just use the valve and back the flow down some.

Back