Pump recommendation and experience for marineland DD 200

tor101898

Plankton27
I'd like to get a submersible return pump for my setup.I am getting a marineland DD 200 gallon tank with two overflows and returns. At 5 times the return I'd be looking at a pump that can handle 1000 gallons to 1500 gallons per hour. with appox. a 6' height back up to the tank plus plumbing, I would like to have a decent turnover without excess. the pump will be used for return only.

I've been looking at eheim 1262 and the quiet one 5000. I'd like to get a red dragon or other like model but these are a bit out of my budget at the time. anyone have any ideas or experience on these two pumps. Maybe some other recommendation on pumps. My only prerequisite is that it's submersible.

I actually recently started using marinelands new line of pumps they came out with. I have the one that pushes 1200gph. I know there are 2 or 3 sizes above mine. On their site they include these pumps in the marineland DD pre packaged aquarieums......I love it. Its very quiet and seems to perform better than its rating.......

between the two pumps you listed the eheim 1262 is hands down the better choice. others to look at would be ocean runner/ octopus 3500, mag 12.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15471660#post15471660 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shane Hoffman
I actually recently started using marinelands new line of pumps they came out with. I have the one that pushes 1200gph. I know there are 2 or 3 sizes above mine. On their site they include these pumps in the marineland DD pre packaged aquarieums......I love it. Its very quiet and seems to perform better than its rating.......

took a look at the pump in it seems to be a good option, although I noticed that when they use two pumps on the bigger tanks. one per return, that might be an option.

Back