pump to pump out brute can

A maxijet 600, 900, 1200 are inexpensive and get the job done and always on sale somewhere. If you want to leave the pump in the bottom of the Brute and pretty much forget about it forever you can try one of the Eheim compact or hobbyist pumps. Literally a thousand choices , most of which would work just fine

A maxijet 600, 900, 1200 are inexpensive and get the job done and always on sale somewhere. If you want to leave the pump in the bottom of the Brute and pretty much forget about it forever you can try one of the Eheim compact or hobbyist pumps. Literally a thousand choices , most of which would work just fine

thanks

so the maxijet ones can have a hose hooked up to them they just look like intank power heads to me

I use an MJ1200 connected to 1/2" tubing. I pump into my sump which is located about 4 feet away from my brute. While it is not a fast fill, it does the job.

I use a maxijet of some size (not sure anymore...maybe 900) for water changes. I use some 1/2" black tubing that I got from HomeDepot.

If you need to pump up to four feet and have a reasonable flow to empty the Brute you should pick a pump with a maximum head of at least 7 to 8 feet. You could also look at a Danner Supreme Mag 7 pump. Good head and flow, loud but built like tank and not expensive. If you went with the maxijet you would need the 1200 minimum to cover the four foot rise

I use a mag 9 pump inside my brute can when doing water changes. From the basement up to my tank which is probably 6 foot up from the basement and then 15 feet across the kitchen and dining room to the fish tank.Takes maybe 10 minutes to pump 25 gallons of water.

I've used a 317 GPH Quiet One for years. Finally had one go bad after 5-6 years and spent another $20.00 to replace it. It mixes all my salt water in my Brute, then I attached a 25' hose and fill my tank after a water change.

Depends on what flow you're looking for I guess, I use two different ones and honestly bought them both because they were quickly available. They're on about 30 minutes a week so I wasn't too concerned about brands. One is a Quiet One 4000 I think and the other a Mag 7. The QO has been going on three years and the mag about 2.5. They both pump through 50 feet of 5/8" hose about 5.5' head, the mag takes 20 mins to pump 40 gallons and the QO takes 25 mins.

Back