Purple Mushroom becoming brown help please

Khash

Hi

i recently got a purple mushrooms for my tank and i thought they would be great as i am not very experienced with reefs at all.

my mushroom corals have turned brown and i was wondering why? i think its the light because in the morning they look ok and when i turn the lights on they get brown. i know its too much light but they are all the way in the bottom of the tank, and i am not sure if i should put them under a shaded area or not? also could it be beacuase they are getting used to their new home?

2 important question
1.should i take them out once a month and dip them into a high concentration of iodine or is that a bad idea?

2. also what kind of lights should i use? they are turning brown when i just have my regular fluorescent lights on not my coral light? my coral light has 2 blue looking lights and one white one, just for the record.

thank you so much and i look forward to hearing from you guys.

Here's a site you may find interesting in regards to Mushroom coral. From what I know they do not like strong lights. They need to be placed in the shade (only get inderect light) or they can not live, when the do not want to thrive they turn brown. I'm not an expert but I don't think giving them an iodine dip will help. Is your aquarium low on iodine? Always check first. If it's not I doubt iodines' related.

http://animal-world.com/Aquarium-Coral-Reefs/Purple-Mushroom

Here's a site you may find interesting in regards to Mushroom coral. From what I know they do not like strong lights. They need to be placed in the shade (only get inderect light) or they can not live, when the do not want to thrive they turn brown. I'm not an expert but I don't think giving them an iodine dip will help. Is your aquarium low on iodine? Always check first. If it's not I doubt iodines' related.

http://animal-world.com/Aquarium-Coral-Reefs/Purple-Mushroom

thank you so much i am going to check out the site you recommended. thanks again

Back