Purple up and iodide somethings wrong helppp pleeez

DAZ3ON3R

Just started adding iodide and purple up to my46g tank and in two days i have a white powder kinda growing or settling on my rocks and snails....the turbos are not happy with me at all... does anyone know whats goin on?

Sounds like a Ca percipitation. Purple up is basically just calcium carbonate. You've probably added way to much to your tank. Test Ca and ALK and do a big water change.

future suggestion....read about the product before adding it to the tank....you can find a ton on here about purple up........but an immediate suggestion would be to listen to that guy^^

Purple up is like adding gound up chalk to your tank. Iodine is and can be toxic if adding too much. You should only add trace trace amount if you are adding and you need to know if you even need to. Your salt mix should have everything you need. Your purple up is going to be a hard clean up. I would start sucking it out asap. Its just going to smother your coral and choke your fish.

thanks everyone for your help ,,,im pretty new to this so that was my first booboo,,,luckily its not accumalating much only added two caps but ill get on to vacuming it out and water change... again thanks for your help

Back