Put wayy too much ammonia in

Pko9876

New member
Halp!
I think I put wayyyy too much ammonia in my 55g saltwater tank. The test is showing 8ppm, but thats all it goes up to. This happened about 15 hours ago, and I'm currently at work and won't be home for another 6 hours and can't do a water change until then.
What the heck do I do? Will all my bacteria be ok? Will I have to purchase different live rock?
 

thegrun

Team RC
It will likely kill off a lot of the organisms in your live rock that otherwise would have survived, but I wouldn't bother purchasing more rock. You should reduce the ammonia via water changes down to below 4ppm or your cycle is going to take a long time to complete.
 
Top