pvc/cement question

wrano

im abput to go get some pvc some i can make returns for my sump can somewone tell me what type of cement to buy for the pvc

Go to Lowes or HD, typically a small can goes a long way and unless you plan to use it within a year or so is the better choice. It's plain old pvc cement Oatley will probably be the manufacturer. Get a can or primer too it will be next to the cement. I usually use the purple primer so I know what's done and what's not done...:cool:

Lowes sells a combo pack of cement and primer just make sure to take your time and prime both end let it dry for a minute then put glue on both ends and put it together I had to redo all the plumbing the first time I did it. Also wait atleast 3 hours before running water through it.

I have clear and gray cement from Lowes. Just go to plumbing section. I can only find purple primer though. Make sure apply it in place with good ventilation.

thanks for the great advice I will go pick up the stuff tomorrow just got my overflow so I will be plumbing tomorrow to get my sump up and running

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6946103#post6946103 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lbear
I have clear and gray cement from Lowes. Just go to plumbing section. I can only find purple primer though. Make sure apply it in place with good ventilation.

awww c'mon.... it's more fun in a closed space!!!:bum:

j/k

Back