Qt tank mates together

dsfireman

Ok, next question. I have 2 tang tank mates coming from LA tomorrow. I want to know the best practices for qt of tank mates. I did this with 2 other tangs destined for a different tank and they appear to be best buddies. Should I qt the Achilles and sailfin together?

It will all depend on the size of the fish and the size of the tank. Do you have a filter that is on your DT tank that will go on the QT, or do you have a QT that is setup and has been setup? If so have you been ghost feeding the tank? I have a 55QT that has been up since November and hasn't had fish in it since late December and just got done recycling. If it were me( since I currently have a Achilles tang medium juv from LA I got on Wednesday of last wk) I would do the tank transfer method with the two separately if possible to ensure the Achilles is eating well then you could QT them together if your QT is big enough and your filtration is sufficent

Ok, next question. I have 2 tang tank mates coming from LA tomorrow. I want to know the best practices for qt of tank mates. I did this with 2 other tangs destined for a different tank and they appear to be best buddies. Should I qt the Achilles and sailfin together?

If the tangs are small enough and QT large enough, I see no reason why not to try. Just be prepared to separate them if need be. And have two of everything: PVC caves, nori clips, etc.

I agree with Dmorty, it's all dependent on the size of incoming fish. If the fish are small enough and tank large enough, you can partition the QT tank to avoid any aggression and still acclimate the fish to each other.

The Achilles is going to need some high oxygen saturation in this QT, so be sure you have ample waterflow (not a typical attribute of most QT tanks including my own) and/or a few airstones to keep the O2 levels high.

I agree with Dmorty, it's all dependent on the size of incoming fish. If the fish are small enough and tank large enough, you can partition the QT tank to avoid any aggression and still acclimate the fish to each other.

The Achilles is going to need some high oxygen saturation in this QT, so be sure you have ample waterflow (not a typical attribute of most QT tanks including my own) and/or a few airstones to keep the O2 levels high.

Back