question about chem pure elite

smilodon

Can I use chem pure elite on my nano-reef tank?
Does it also absort the benificial trace elements when it absorts NH4,NO2, NO3 and PO4?

I don't see why not. I've used it before on a 45 and the only thing I noticed it removing was phosphate. It does make the water look good though.

Check the Nano forums to be sure

Does it also absort the benificial trace elements when it absorts NH4,NO2, NO3 and PO4?

I would not count on it binding much in the way of ammonia, nitrite or nitrate. It will likely bind organics and phosphate.

The organics in binds will themselves be bound to certain metals, and you may export those, but I'm not sure that is necessarily a disadvantage and I would not dose any different just because you use it.

thanks guys, really appreciate it.
what is the different betweem chemi-pure elite and purigen.
To me, it looks like purigen acts like skimmer, chemi-pure does tha same thing as purigen, and chemi-pure elite looks like combination of purigen and PhosGuard.
Am I right?

if I wanna reduce the NO3, do I have to use de*nitrate?

They both have resins for binding various compounds. I just run carbon, because it's inexpensive and binds organic compounds. I'm not convinced either Purigen or the Chemi-Pure do much that carbon won't, but they likely pick up a few extra organic compounds.

De*Nitrate is effectively artificial live rock, and there are lots of alternatives to using it.

Back