Question about Nori seaweed

The stuff I was looking at was not roasted or salted just plain seaweed nori. but I will rinse anyway.

It's the same thing just minus the price LOL.. Works well just make sure it's not flavored at all. Never heard of rinsing it I don't.

I feed it every day. The package says, "Roasted Seaweed" and there are no other ingredients on the label. I do not rinse it. The texture changes drastically when it gets wet and rinsing it would be counterproductive, IMO. I take a piece about 1" x 2" and fold it in half. The I cut it into strips, leaving an uncut area where it's attached to the clip. This trick makes it easier for them to eat and reduces the amount floating around the tank not eaten.

It softens up. So when my tang comes full force he can't rip it out of my hand. Lol. I don't do it for any beneficial reasons. Just habit

I feed it every day. The package says, "Roasted Seaweed" and there are no other ingredients on the label. I do not rinse it. The texture changes drastically when it gets wet and rinsing it would be counterproductive, IMO. I take a piece about 1" x 2" and fold it in half. The I cut it into strips, leaving an uncut area where it's attached to the clip. This trick makes it easier for them to eat and reduces the amount floating around the tank not eaten.

That's funny. I do the exact same thing. It works like a charm.

Ya, what everyone else said. I don't rinse either. I use quite a bit of it. It's $2 at the Chinese market vs. $12 at a fish store

Back