Question about sps coming back from the dead

nano427

I have 2 sps pieces that have mostly died off, probably my fault with water chemistry. Water is good now and those 2 pieces are starting to grown back. Question is, one piece is growing back on the tips, should I cut the tips and start over with the frag, or will it regrow over the skeleton? Similar situation with the other piece except is growing back from the base. Do I cut off the top of it, or will it regrow over the skeleton? Thanks

I think as long as algae doesn't start forming on the old skeleton the new growth should grow on the old dead skeleton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think as long as algae doesn't start forming on the old skeleton the new growth should grow on the old dead skeleton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. It took a while for me to get them to encrust and actually start to get good growth, I didn't want to start completely over.

Cool, thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. It took a while for me to get them to encrust and actually start to get good growth, I didn't want to start completely over.
I have better luck leaving the tip on the skeleton than fragging it up and putting on a plug.

If u do decide to cut it make sure u get some of the old bone in there to avoid damaging the surviving piece.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back