Question...AIs above glass on Oceanic 90

BenR7132

Picked up and set up an Oceanic 90 today - the kind with the glass bracing. I have 3 AI modules left over from my 175...I will obviously use at least 2 over each end of the tank. Here's the question - is it worthwhile running the 3rd module over the glass brace? Will enough light/energy penetrate to make this worthwhile?

Thanks in advance for any views or experience!

Ben

Ha ha. I gave it a whirl and it penetrates the glass well, and "evens out" the other sides. So, running all three...

Only real concern with glass is obstructing UV. Since most LEDs do not use the shorter wavelength UV wavelength... It's not a big deal. The visible light spectrum will still pass through with only 1-5% loss if even that (loss only if you have UV LED, which typically is more super violet than UV).

Nice. My moms 90 has the black brace so I only could run two AI's happy to hear yours is glass and fit all three. Enjoying the small tank?

All my corals died with my neglect during the pond build, so even the smaller tank is bare. But love it, when it grows in it should be perfect.

Back