question

QzIS300

hey guys i need some input, I have a 12g nano cube I have a marron clown and a tiny yellow tang in there in my other tank I have a huna trigger and a coral beauty the trigger picks on the beauty. do you think it will be too many fish if I put the coral beauty in the nano? and the trigger is in a 10g tank if I take the beauty out what other fish can I put in with the trigger? (the trigger is 1in only) I would welcome any suggestions. thankx

dude, tangs need like a 55 gal or more. you better have plans for that thing soon. I have a 37 gal an I still won't get one.

Re: question

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9244282#post9244282 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by QzIS300
... I have a 12g nano cube I have a marron clown and a tiny yellow tang in there....

Yellow tang in a nano? Huma in 10g? :eek2: I hear sirens...

Re: Re: question

Re: Re: question

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9244336#post9244336 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PSam
Yellow tang in a nano? Huma in 10g? :eek2: I hear sirens...

tangpolice.jpg

Here they come! Better find some cover (and a larger home for those fish) real soon! :D

Boyd

You need to look up the adult sizes of your fish & house for that. Juvenile fish grow quite quickly. It really isn't fair to underhouse & stunt a fish.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9244282#post9244282 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by QzIS300
hey guys i need some input, I have a 12g nano cube I have a marron clown and a tiny yellow tang in there in my other tank I have a huna trigger and a coral beauty the trigger picks on the beauty. do you think it will be too many fish if I put the coral beauty in the nano? and the trigger is in a 10g tank if I take the beauty out what other fish can I put in with the trigger? (the trigger is 1in only) I would welcome any suggestions. thankx

Ok, I think your post mixed people up. Your nano is fine with the clown if he is a male. What size is your other tank? If you have something like 75g then your tang and trigger should be stored there. The trigger is an aggresive fish towards smaller ones, so there is your answer. The 12g would be good for the coral beauty and clown, again only if he is a male as females get big.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9245481#post9245481 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FiberLux
joeyjoeq, If you re-read his post, it lists the two tanks as a 12g nano and a 10g.

Boyd :)

Missed that, thanks!:D ... I have one question how the heck do you not have any eating each other? I'd suggest putting them up for sale or getting a bigger tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9245394#post9245394 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joeyjoeq
Ok, I think your post mixed people up. Your nano is fine with the clown if he is a male. What size is your other tank? If you have something like 75g then your tang and trigger should be stored there. The trigger is an aggresive fish towards smaller ones, so there is your answer. The 12g would be good for the coral beauty and clown, again only if he is a male as females get big.

All clowns are male when they are born. If there is no female present the largest of the males will turn into a female. So some clowns are even too big for a nano.

I know if you stuffed me in a box so small I could not move I would be mean too

You really needto get rid of all those fish with maybe the exception of the clown(maybe to big too)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9247093#post9247093 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aaronpentz
All clowns are male when they are born. If there is no female present the largest of the males will turn into a female. So some clowns are even too big for a nano.

especially a maroon clown. I have seen them at 8"

jjjimmy, You dont like "People Eating Tasty Animals"?

relax everyone i have a 75g im setting up for the yellow tang, and i will probably put the trigger in there also if i dont get rid of it before then, i guess i need to house the coral beauty somewhere else meanwhile

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9247137#post9247137 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rod Buehler
jjjimmy, You dont like "People Eating Tasty Animals"?

Sure I do, it is the other half of the family that I would like to send up in the next defective space shuttle.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9247644#post9247644 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by craftytony
relaxed....ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Haha, I like the Uhhhsahhh method from Rush Hour:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9247093#post9247093 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aaronpentz

I thought all clowns are Juveniles ant #1 becomes female #2 become male all others remain juvenile until mom or pop dies...I could be wrong though. :) Can more than on pair develop in a 10 gal tank with 20 fish in it?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9251194#post9251194 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kmiec123
I thought all clowns are Juveniles ant #1 becomes female #2 become male all others remain juvenile until mom or pop dies...I could be wrong though. :) Can more than on pair develop in a 10 gal tank with 20 fish in it?

You are correct :)

Back