Questions About Tank Transfer Method (TTM)

TravelerBob

Hello. I am just starting my first reef tank, a 310 gallon Planet Aquarium. I am planning to use the TTM for the introduction of all fish into my new aquarium from the start. I figure an ounce of prevention is worth it in the end! Couple of questions:

1) I have a dedicated fish room that will be behind the main display tank (still a work in progress). The room has a double utility sink (see pics). Could this be used as the 2 tanks for the TTM method or do I actually need two 10 gal plastic containers that are spread far enough apart to minimize contamination from spray? Just thought this would be great to be able to use the double (divided) sink.

2) I know that TTM is only for fish. Can coral, snails, crabs, serpent stars, etc get or carry ick and how do you handle them prior to introduction into the main display tank so that you don't introduce ick into the tank. I will be running a large UV sterilizer on the tank, but would still like to prevent the introduction of ick into the tank, if at all possible.

Thanks!! Bob (St. Louis, MO)

Attachments

• Fishroom3.jpg
    Fishroom3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Fishroom4.jpg
    Fishroom4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Fishroom1.jpg
    Fishroom1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Fishroom2.jpg