Quick Cardinal Question

TriniStylez

Unfortunately I have had to take down my 90G tank and transfer what I am keeping into a 24G nano and my 180G Fowlr. Anyways, what size tank does a Bangaii Cardinal need at adult size? I think if I put him in my FOWLR he will be eaten but not sure if 24G is too small.

I found different sites which say anything from 7-30G minimum. Im thinking 30G sounds right. Do you think he would be ok in my 24G nano...I should mention that it has about 30lbs LR at least and is PACKED with corals, so not tons of swimming space but I never really see him swim too fast or often anyways.

Cardinals are a nocturnal species. Odds are it is swimming around after you have gone to bed. My pajama cardnal is extremely active after the lights go out. You may be ok with a 24, but I would say it may be pushing it.
www.marinedepotlive.com says "The Banggai Cardinal prefers a tank of at least 20 gallons with plenty of places to hide & swim."

I think its pushing it...darn. I really am attached to this guy but he will be eaten in my FOWLR. Oh well, have to sell him I think.

See if you can find someone in your local reef club to take it. That way you'll at least know that it is going to be taken care of.

Yeah I was just thinking that. I really want to make sure he will be taken care of. My girlfriend named him and I think thats why hes difficult to let go of...

is this just a temporary home? If you're putting him in a 24 in prep for move to a larger tank, he would probably be OK for a few days. As for permenant, yes 24 is probably too small.

Back