Quick Poll: What temp do you keep your reef tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno...
The thermometer bulb keeps blowing out.

Seriously... it's running at about 88 right now, and there's a nighttime low of 84 and a 3pm high of 90.

My tank goes from around 81-82 in the morning to 84-85 in the evening.

Horge,

Do you keep sps in those temps.? I recently had my tank go up to about 89 a couple of days and I lost one acropora and one other bleached a little but recovered.

FOX

------------------
angelfire.com/ak3/korysreef.htm

Hi Kory:
Acroporids (and Pocilloporids) don't seem to appreciate rapid temp changes or higher temp ranges for that matter. (Real funny for stereotypical crest animals, ja?)

But aye, I husband a number of Pectinias, Stylophoras, Porites lobata and Porites cylindrica, etc. They're all growing at rates comparable to or better than their clones in the wild. I couldn't do squat with Heliopora coerula at the higher 80's temp, though.

My corals zoox-puke/bleach with some regularity (once a week maybe, haha). The trick seems to be providing the params that allow them to recover, and obtaining frags from very close to shore :)

Keith:
Given the staggering amount of pride and utter hogwash being put out to dry on that over-wrought thread, I'm glad this one is just a poll.

Hmm, my tank probably doesn't get any cooler then 81 and probably doesn't get any hotter then maybe 86 or so.

I am, as you may be able to tell, a firm believer in Ron's points regarding temperature/salinity.

Somewhere between 79 and 82. But this is based on a glass aquarium therometer. I have heard that they can be off as much a 4 degrees. I have 2 that read about 2 degrees apart and I take an average on them to get the temp above. Plan to let it get up around 84 during the day this summer. Later, Nathan

------------------
Visit my homepage at padens.homepage.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back