Quiter Pump For Return In Sump

Romulox234

Currently i have a QuietOne 2200 pump that im using to push the water from my sump back into my 60g tank, but this thing is so dam lound, it rattles all the time day and night and is such a loud annoying pain, i need to get rid of this thing but i dont want to buy another pump and have it be even louder,

DO you guys know of any return pumps for a sump that are quite enough so that you can barely hear them?

Thanks,

yup and put it on a mouse pads and connect it to harp plumbing with about 12" vinyl tubing. you will never know its there.

alot of people like ehim as they are great pumps. other alternatives would be the octopus line of pumps. they look like ocean runner but are much cheaper, they are nice and quiet. i have used them in several applications and cant be happier how quiet they are. the key is to use some sort of flexible plumbing at some point in your return line. this will decrease the vibrations significantly, the rubber feet should help some too.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...duct_Code=CV-OTP-3000&Category_Code=Octo+Pump

i must be lucky, cuz i have a mag 7 and i can hardly hear it at all. Of course i did coat the feet with like an inch of silicone first. =)

Well i just have straight PVC tubing all the way through my lines so would that be a problem with any of the pumps, could that be causing all the noise from my pump?

Hard pipe can conribute to noise through vibration. When's the last time you cleaned the pump? You could also put a ziplock baggie full of sand underneath the pump and see if that helps.

I used to have one of those constantly rattling quiet one pumps. Mine was the 3000 and it never stopped making that noise no matter what I tried. It wasn't the typical vibration hum must pumps have when they are against something that makes it resonate. Some of the quiet ones just rattle. Most other pumps won't rattle like that. Get a new pump (different brand) and put a rubber matt under it so it doesn't sit or lean on anything hard. Hook it up with your pvc. If you have a problem with a hum, insert a piece of vinyl tubing between the pump and your pvc using hose barbs and clamps. I think most people are taking your rattle for a hum.

I am partial to Rios and I like Magdrives too. Rios new Hyperflows (HF) kick butt.

Just try giving it a vineger bath. I notice that my quiet one gets loud when it is off ballance or it gets dirty. It is not the best pump and an enheim wouls be a much better option. IMO I would try cleaning first before you put $ into an enheim

I've had nothing but Eheims for many years, probably won't use anything else.
My friend has the tunze silence, and says it is also nice, but doesn't seem to handle head pressure quite as well, but still very close, and it has a flow adjust right on there which is cool.

What insane said is pretty much whats going on, it rattles non stop all the time, and ive only had it for about 2 months so theres no way theres dirt in it or anything it just straight out came out the box like that

Insane what pump did you switch to and is it better now with that one?

I was using the QO 2200 for a few weeks on my new tank till i could break down my old one and move over my eheim 1260. I thought the QO sounded horrible sounds like there is something churning in it. Well when i hooked up the eheim i actuall had to put my hand on it because i thought is was broken. This was with all other pumps off, i could not hear it. I was like ahhhhhh :)

lol i know how you feel it sound like something is broken in mine, from what ive read it sounds like ill be getting an eheim 1260 for my tank

I have a Rio HF32 that does 1,920 gph @ 1 ft. with a max head pressure of 14' for under $100.00.

I use a Magdrive 9.5 on my holding tanks and a Magdrive 3 on my dump bucket style ATS/surge. Input and outputs are threaded.

Back