r u experienced with Reeflo BlowHole BH 1450

robertifly

Premium Member
I have been running a couple of old blue t4 pumps and need to find good replacements as the t4's are no longer being made, at least that is what I'm told. The BH 1450 have a 6"X6" footprint which is very important to my setup. Does anyone have any experience with this pump good or bad?

I don't know about the BlowHole pump, but I love my Reefflo Hammerhead pump. It's been running for years with no maintenance. I turn it off to feed almost every day with no start up issues. Mine is in a fish room with lots of water noise so I can't comment on noise level. I am a Reeflo pump fan.

I've been running the Blowhole 1450 for the past year. It is very quiet. Reeflo's customer service is quite good as well. I bought the pump in the testing phase and I did have an impeller core go bad a few months in. They have since changed the design of the core and I've had no problems since.

+1 on reeflo. I recently switched from in sump eheim to barracuda. The customer service was excellent. The pump is built like a tank! I highly recommend one.

I have been using the BH1450 for a little over a month now and it has been a great pump. I have a basement sump and it pumps approximately 12' vertical and about 8' horizontally with no problems. I have the pump set on the medium setting and it adds plenty of flow for me. As others have stated the pump has very little if any noise to it. I would certainly recommend it.

Thanks for the replies on the pumps I am a Reeflo fanboy also, I have a Snapper that has been running for over 4 years with only a seal and bearings replaced once. I use that on a cl but am looking for pumps for the return pump position. The Blowhole is certainly a contender.

Back