racemosa and yasha goby

mikey77

New member
My yasha goby died the other day for no apparent reason. He seemed happy and healthy and always seemed to be eating pods. The night before he died I noticed him chasing after a loose ball of racemosa algae. He bit into it but didnt seem to like it so he spit it out. I didnt think much of it, other than I thought it was kinda cute. The next morning he was dead. Today I've done some research on caulerpa and it seems it may be toxic to fish. Is it likely that the yasha's cause of death was related to ingesting a bit of the racemosa algae? All water params checked out so I'm at a loss to why else he would have died so suddenly without any signs of sickness or poor health. Anyone else ever suspect that one of their fish died from consuming this type of algae?
 
Top