Radion stolen from Reef Culture

Pyrrhus

Just want to give everyone a heads up a Radion was stolen from Reef Culture this evening. If you see or are offered a Radion for sale it is most likely this stolen unit. We will be contacting Ecotech Marine to have the serial number of this unit blacklisted so support will not be available on this unit. Reef Culture will be offering a $100 reward for any info that leads to the arrest of the person responsible.

I would repost so you can change the title.
i would think this is a more trustworthy hobby but this proves there are still scumbags everywhere.

sorry to hear this Skip........

Anyone want a cheap Radion?

Just kidding, bad joke and probably too soon. Sorry to hear that, hope you catch the d-bag.

My guess is that the person who stole it probably has it on their tank. These kind of things are a bit on the specialty side, unlike car stereos and rims that you can just go around and sell.

I'm not a cop (thank god) but I think the best thing to do would be post up a picture of the D-bag from your cameras and see if anyone recognizes him. Also send the pic to other LFS.

I though RC kept the high end items locked under glass?

Maybe there were two people involved, one to distract, the other to steal?
I hate thieves and deal with them everyday in my line of work. Having 24/7 digital video system is a must and helps keep both employees and customers honest!
At least 4 cameras, with 16 optimal. You can never have enough cameras in retail!

Hope you catch these dung beetles!!

If you have photos of the suspect/s it would be nice to see them so we can be on the look out for them.

Not really

Not really

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif
boom.gif

ttiwwop.gif

Why don't you put up a sign in the store stating there is a recall for radions. Something simple like a firmware update. Or even a fire hazard. Although this might freak people out, not to mention eco tech. Have only a certain range of serial numbers with the stolen one in that range. Thieves generally aren't all that smart. Don't advertise the serial numbers so when or if a genuine customer inquires you can tell theirs is OK. I'm just throwing things out there. Maybe say eco tech will replace unit. Anything to get them to bring it in. I don't know maybe this isn't such a great idea. But I remember in high school whenever something went missing from the music room, our teacher (Chuck Benson, had an alcohol problem but a hell of a guy) he would put up a sign on the door saying "to whom ever stole the (item) I know who you are. If the item is returned the police will not be involved. No questions asked. It worked every time. Couple of days past and there was the stolen item at the door. Not saying thus would work for you but hey it's worth a shot. I'd bet who ever took it, it wasn't their first time in the store and won't be the last. Good luck. Any dics out there. Oops I mean detectives.

Catching the perp might not be helped by letting them know you are looking or even know that it is gone and that the item is black listed etc. Either they plan to use it personally or they are going to sell it. If they are trying to sell it and they know you are looking for "cheap Radions for sale" they will likely postpone the sale or sell to someone they know. If they keep it, then, it will crap out or have some tech issue soon enough and they might call Ecotech and attempt to get support. If they are smart enough to know that calling support could possibly associate them with the stolen unit then you don't have a chance with that avenue. If they aren't, letting them know on RC is a weak strategy. If they know what a Radion is, you better believe they have been on RC. Game theory, people will always cheat if given the opportunity when there is no consequence. You have informed them there will be consequence and further that you are aware and looking for them. Essentially, saying I am playing the game be careful.

I can't imagen it would be your typical Reef Central guy or Frag member, you'd have to know that it's going to hurt the hobby for everyone. Personally I do think it would be a good idea to post a picture of this person, provided it's clear enough that they are indeed the one who did this. This actually serves as a positive for the community because now we would know a person not to trust. Some of us invite people into our homes to see our tanks and sell corals and the like, a heads up on a person who might be out to do anyone of us wrong would sure go a long way.

Back