Radion XR30 G5 Blue users - what are your settings?

D-Nak

Just wondering if any of you are using Radion XR30 G5 Blues on your tanks. If so, what are your settings? I'm particularly interested in your intensity setting and how tall your tanks are.

I have a 20" tall tank with two Radions at 50% about 10" above on a SPS dominant tank. I'm wondering if that's too high or too low.

Definitely run the AB+ schedule and the only way to know for sure if you are set properly is to use a PAR meter.

Just wondering if any of you are using Radion XR30 G5 Blues on your tanks. If so, what are your settings? I'm particularly interested in your intensity setting and how tall your tanks are.

I have a 20" tall tank with two Radions at 50% about 10" above on a SPS dominant tank. I'm wondering if that's too high or too low.

On my 16" tall tank I run Gen4 Pro XR30 at 45% intensity using AB+. The two acroporas I have prefer PAR 260-280 minimum. The acros are in about mid-high level placement and the Radion is mounted on RMS.
My gigantea anemone seems to prefer slightly lower PAR numbers than my acropora coral, under 180 PAR.
I can let you borrow my PMK module and sensor next time I am in the Bay Area.
8EADr53.jpg

On my 16" tall tank I run Gen4 Pro XR30 at 45% intensity using AB+. The two acroporas I have prefer PAR 260-280 minimum. The acros are in about mid-high level placement and the Radion is mounted on RMS.
My gigantea anemone seems to prefer slightly lower PAR numbers than my acropora coral, under 180 PAR.
I can let you borrow my PMK module and sensor next time I am in the Bay Area.
8EADr53.jpg

Thanks! I will add it to my Christmas list, so hopefully I won't need to borrow it. ;)

That's were I'm at! I'm currently running AB+ at 60%. Once I install my dosers I expect the SPS to color up again.

You can probably go even higher than 60% on your tank. I just switched to PHX14 template from AB+ and absolutely love how the inside of my tank looks. The template adds more shimmer actually with diffuser on and brings out more color out of my fishes. It's running at 60% and getting about 250-260 PAR about 8"-9" below the water line on the 16" tall tank.
I think I'll end up getting the Aquatic Life DX18 dimmable hybrid for my Radions eventually. Don't care about the dimming part as much as the one plug instead of two.

Back