Raffles At R-a-p '07

evad1

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TIME THE BIG RAFFLES ARE GOING TO BE AT (PFO/EUROREEF/SUNLIGHT SUPPLY)? ALSO DO YOU HAVE TO BE THERE TO CLAIM THE PRIZES...

ANOTHER QUESTION I KNOW THERE WILL BE FOOD THERE BUT THE BIG QUESTION WILL THEY HAVE BEER THERE??????

I would say that you must be present to win. Last I spoke with Kevin, the raffle would not just be at the end but possibly some during the event as well.

11:00 AM Doors Open for Business!

12 Noon - Ike Eigenbrode (speaker)

2:00 PM - Pat Ormiston (speaker)

3:00 PM â€"œ 1st Raffle

4:00 PM - Bob Fenner (speaker)

6:00 PM â€"œ Main Raffle

7:00 PM â€"œ Doors close for business

Last edited:
In my opinion, raffles should go on throughout the day. Not everyone can stick around till the end. It makes for a long day.

-Mike:cool:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10493200#post10493200 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mikedege
In my opinion, raffles should go on throughout the day. Not everyone can stick around till the end. It makes for a long day.

-Mike:cool:
Good point, if more people feel that way, I'm sure something can be done to accomodate.

Usually $1 each. Not sure if that will change for this event, I have suggested a change. I think it should since this is a special event. Usually SCMAS gives extra tickets the more you buy.

$25 for 30 tickets
$50 for 70 tickets
$100 for 150 tickets

Last edited:
RAP is now an hour longer: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM

There are 2 raffles:
3:00 PM and 6:00 PM

any more often than that disrupts the show too much and not enough time given the speakers that are presenting. So plan on staying at least until 4:00 pm to make it through the first raffle.

I've negotiated with OCFEC for both multiple food/beverage vendors AND a beer & wine vendor to be present. they should be right outside the north doors. I've also secured an ATM machine to be brought into the building specifically for our event, not to mention WiFi for credit card transactions as well.

Raffle tickets will likely be $2 or $3 each (not yet decided), with quantity discounts available at certain levels. This is easily the largest raffle anyone has ever seen in this hobby.

I would think that raffle tickets should reflect the number of people that are going to be there and the specific odds of winning, i.e. I think that lower cost for the tickets will generate equal amount of winning with people affording the same amount spent vs the actual number of tickets, or paper

i.e. if tickets are one buck I will buy two, if they are two bucks I will buy one. go figure

and psychologically, I think people willpart with one dollars more easily then two dollars at a time.

that and the feeling of getting a solaris for a buck, WOW someone really going to have a lotto feeling onthat one...

So, all things being equal, and this being the hobbyist version of imac I vote to keep hobbyist consideratiopns first and foremost.

That being said, I think scmas and Kevin have done that so far, I mean really, look at ticket prices, and booth prices for the vendors. They arent paying anything near what thy would pay any other event, and I am SURE they will pass that savings onto the hobbyist that buy thier wares and livestock

Bill

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10497296#post10497296 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefMeister2
RAP is now an hour longer: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM

I've also secured an ATM machine to be brought into the building specifically for our event, .

Who wants to take bets on what time the ATM is empty?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10497296#post10497296 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefMeister2
I've negotiated with OCFEC for..........a beer & wine vendor to be present.

Damm you Kevin....................... :mad2:

Now I know that people are gonna be getting great deals @ Q2 come 4 PM................................ ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10498927#post10498927 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SteveOhh
Damm you Kevin....................... :mad2:

Now I know that people are gonna be getting great deals @ Q2 come 4 PM................................ ;)

Ahhhh, you mean the infamous "Stevohh's-Underwear-Wrapped Around-his-Head-Midnight-Madness-but-at-4:00-PM-SALE"????

Mannnn, I totally forgot about those deals! :D

But hey, best you wear dark underwear this time, huh? :p

Back