Ramonski's welcome back to the hobby Solana 34g AIO!

Here is the vinyl on the rear glass. If I wanted to go the fuge route in the 2nd chamber I can just cut the vinyl on that section to put a fuge light.

Attachments

• 20140515_121315.jpg
    20140515_121315.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140515_121330.jpg
    20140515_121330.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
uploadfromtaptalk1400261924023.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400261953536.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400261988084.jpg
Just really want to keep posting pics even though there are no real updates. Trying to clean up inside of the stand. Intend to use the drawer to put the Controller and mp10 controller while the wires and power bars on the first shelf of the larger cabinet. The lower area will be for the ato reservoir.

Rocks are in a bin with a pump and 9002. Just keeping it in there until I am done done with everything and I will throw it in the tank with LS and begin cycling.

Getting a lot closer to getting water in the tank. My substrate should be arriving this week. I went with the Tropic Eden Miniflakes. I really wanted to try the Reef Flakes but didnt want to wait for PA to restock. I have read a lot of good things about Tropic Eden so we'll see how that goes. My ATO came in and I am using the Tunze Osmolator Nano.

I also had a mishap with the rock scape.. one piece broke off as I was moving it and lifting it from a wrong side which put stress on part I epoxied/glued. Had to reattach the rock and made sure I was not stingy on the materials.

Glad your getting close! I'd love to hear your feedback when you get your TE miniflakes in, I also wanted the reef flakes but they have been out of stock for awhile. I got seaflor special and it was pretty dirty. I feel like I would have liked the reef flakes a lot more. Oh well.

I just did some scaping also. Once my sump is up and running on Thursday ill post some pics as its still pretty cloudy!

Hurry up and put some water in! :)

This weekend, my gf and sister went to the beach and she came back with a half a dozen of Olive Snails. I was like what are you doing with those? She said they are for the tank. We dont even have water in the tank yet, #1. #2 I dont want Olive Snails in the tank but I also want her to show more interest of the tank and this is the first step she has ever taken to show interest in setting it up instead of nagging about how much money I have spent. I set up a little QT for her Olive Snails and told her they wouldnt even be able to go in the tank for another month or so. She likes em a lot and they are nice looking but predatory so I am on the ropes.

Hahaha she's trying to help! Good for her! Even tho you JUST got water:). At least she's showing some interest. My girl is slowly getting more interested in my tank and now that it's finally all together she said she excites for it also. Maybe not as much as me, but still at least she doesn't hate it. I hope you saves your rock work. Pillars are awesome. I'll be waiting for those pics bud

Nice mine cleared up in a few hours I just used regular IO salt. Glad you could keep the original structure of the rock it's looking good keep up the great work!

Nice mine cleared up in a few hours I just used regular IO salt. Glad you could keep the original structure of the rock it's looking good keep up the great work!

Thanks man! Just got home.. It's clearing up but not as fast as I expected. Maybe it's due to the pukani.. I'm running brs rox carbon in the Minimax so hopefully it clears up the water. Sg is exactly at 1.026 on my refractometer. Other than reactor, it's just the skimmer and filter pads as far as filtration.

Nice! Aquscape looks good!

Going bare bottom?

I've ran bare bottom before and I like it actually. However on this tank I'm putting in tropic Eden miniflakes. It comes in on Monday so another cloudy water day. I will rinse the substrate and I know tropic Eden is super clean to begin with.

Sounds good! I still find it funny that we are basically in the same stage on our tanks! I think we're doing good so far

Ups says Monday! I got a 30lb bag but not sure if I will use all of it! Those Damn olive snails are still chillin in a container with a circulation pump too

Nice that's hopefully when I get my mh reflector! And yeah I bought 30 lbs too but ended up only using 15 of it. Are those snails feeding haha kinda surprised they're still alive

Hi everyone. So not much of an update during the cycling period. I hooked up the tunze osmolator today along with the RKL so everything should be dialed in . the rear chambers have the tunze 9002 in the 1st with intank cup, and that's where I put the line for the ato as well as the temp probe. The 2nd chamber is just the media basket with filter pads. The 3rd chamber has the minimax reactor, heater, and the ato float switch. I have the body of the reactor to the lowest possible so it that it won't run dry. The ato will take care of the water level anyway. I have the ato at the line where the small cover would have been. Surprisingly everything in the rear fits comfortably except for the skimmers collection cup. This thing is actually quite large.

The stock return is so loud though. The skimmer runs pretty quite as well as the low hum of the vortech but even if the return pump is not touching any sides and has suction cups, it's ridiculously loud. I have it in the living room so this pump needs to go. Any suggestions for alternatives?

reja8anu.jpg
ru3abe6e.jpg
vypaty7a.jpg

Last edited:
ba4e2y2y.jpg
ynysuqu6.jpg

Right now I am using a water jug as an ato container. It holds 7g. It's not the prettiest but it will do until I can find something nicer. I will probably just use a plastic Tupperware type of container and stick it in the lower part of the stand.

Back