Ramonski's welcome back to the hobby Solana 34g AIO!

Here is a Kessil A150 Ocean Blue over my Solana. I do like it, but it'll be replaced soon.

I have the same setup as you minus the bioreactor. I have actually been giving thought to ditching the chemipure and purigen and going with Chaeto and rubble rock.

Good job on the scape, pillars look great in solanas. They do still make solanas, they just don't make the all in one's anymore. I just purchased mine a few weeks ago

I just put water in my old Solana AIO last month. Still cycling. I love that tank. I like your rock work.

Quoted so that PC users can see the pics.

Last edited:
a3ahunar.jpg

Last edited:
Get your sand yet?!

I did! It looks good! I went home for lunch since I got the ups notification. I haven't put it in yet. Will do that tonight. I got 2 15lb bags, so we'll see how much looks good. I also requested a sample of the other grains for comparison and they sent the aragasnow and 2 mini flakes instead of adding a reeflakes sample which is really the one I wanted. Lol.

Still diggin the scape. Should look even better with the sand.

Thank you! Sand looks good! It was pretty clean.. A few floaties when I rinsed it but not bad at all. The mp10 will lift it if more than 80% but I have it dialed back to about 60%.

1 bag! 15lb. I don't know if I should add more.. Or sell the other bag. I like the sand a lot tho. Consistent grain size, white, clean.

Thanks bro, really appreciate it. What kind of dog is your avatar? Reminds me of my brindle pit a few years back! Passed from old age

I really like the aqua scape! I may steal that idea 😉

It's copyright! Lol. It was actually quite simple. Just 3 pieces. The one on left is already a pillar. I just made it like a U shape with the other rocks. It's funny because I initially wanted an arch and I just turned that frown upside down :)

He's a boxer mix. Me and my girl are thinking either rottweiler or pit. He's such a goof and a really great boy. Hes only 6 months, we got him when he was 6 weeks. I love brindles, i didn't want a pup unless he was brindle!

1 bag! 15lb. I don't know if I should add more.. Or sell the other bag. I like the sand a lot tho. Consistent grain size, white, clean.

I added (2) 20lb bags of Fiji pink to my tank. Gave about 2"cover across the tank. Hope that helps!

He's a boxer mix. Me and my girl are thinking either rottweiler or pit. He's such a goof and a really great boy. Hes only 6 months, we got him when he was 6 weeks. I love brindles, i didn't want a pup unless he was brindle!

Nice! haha, i got my current pit at 5mo old. He was a rescue.. super great animal man! He loves kids/babies.. other dogs.. I couldnt bring him with me when I moved down to FL from CA just because it would make it harder to rent a place that accepts pits. He is in ca with my mom though.

I added (2) 20lb bags of Fiji pink to my tank. Gave about 2"cover across the tank. Hope that helps!

I think i may add the 2nd bag. It has a sand dune effect right now and one low point in the front has a bald spot. If i can have it about another 1 to 1 1/2 inches up i think it would look great. Thanks for chiming in..

Here is a vid of my tank and location in the living room. Please note how annoying the return pump is in there. I need a new one asap. Skimmer is quiet, vortech is quiet, media reactor-cant even tell its on. But the stock return is horrible... Please let me know if you guys have any recommendations..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPyB_1fVzvI

Back