Ramonski's welcome back to the hobby Solana 34g AIO!

raastamon

Premium Member
I have not had a tank up since about 2008. Very excited to start another Nano tank. This will be for my gf and I and she is already thinking about a bigger build in the future! Glad she is on board!

This is basically a 34 Gallon Solana All-In-One system with stand and MH 150w lighting. I purchased it used for really great price and for the age, it was in tip top shape.
aruge4uh.jpg

Plans currently will include...

Filtration:
Chamber 1- Tunze 9002 w/ airline mod and InTank collection cup. Eheim 100w heater

Chamber 2- InTank Media Basket with filter pad, purigen and chemipure. Above the basket i have an acrylic box used from the pkg of the GOPRO Hero Camera and this will house the dry side for MP10.

Chamber 3- Return pump, Top off (unsure which way to go at this time) and IM Minimax desktop reactor. Plan to run Vertex Biopellet.

Flow will be a single Vortech MP10 in the rear divider of the tank aiming towards the front.

Lighting: I plan to change out to LED's and am looking at the Maxpect Razor Nano or Kessil pendant.

Display/Livestock:
I have about 20lbs of Pukani dry Rock Not sure on the sand route yet!

Coral: I am plan to have SPS grow on the top end of the pillars and LPS toward the mid and low end. Zoo and Ric garden in the front. Torch, hammer/frogspawn on the sides of the pillar and maybe GSP towards the back wall of the tank.

Controller will be an RKL

Can't see the pics of the scape, but I'm looking forward to seeing them. I have a new to me Solana AIO and I love it so far.

Can't see the pics of the scape, but I'm looking forward to seeing them. I have a new to me Solana AIO and I love it so far.
I would def be interested in seeing your build too. I hope I can documenting my progress and keep up with my thread. I will do my best.

I am having trouble finding a spot in the rear chambers for the Minimax reactor. The most room is in the 3rd chamber but the water level will fluctuate as I dont have an ATO at the moment. I know the biopellet reactor should also be run next to the skimmer to remove the nutrients right away but there is just no room in that chamber.

Also, here are pics of the GOPRO acrylic box that I want to use to house the MP10 in against the rear divider. It would sit on top of the mediabasket but flush against the return baffle so it does not impede on the flow.

I don't wanna be that person, but I had to put my Reactor in the back right hand corner of the DT. I couldn't for the life of me find a spot to put it

Based on my experience I would advise against the Maxspect Nano. I had the 120W version (twice the power of the nano), and it was not enough for SPS over my 30g.

Based on my experience I would advise against the Maxspect Nano. I had the 120W version (twice the power of the nano), and it was not enough for SPS over my 30g.
WOW! Someon local has one and I have been meaning to check it out. He has pretty heavy sps load on a 20" cube and seems to be doing very well with it.

I am also looking into the Kessils as I have actualy seen them an tanks look quite nice under em.

I don't wanna be that person, but I had to put my Reactor in the back right hand corner of the DT. I couldn't for the life of me find a spot to put it
I feel you man! I gotta make it work though! LOL

I would def be interested in seeing your build too. I hope I can documenting my progress and keep up with my thread. I will do my best.

I actually haven't posted my build... I have felt like the progress has been so stop and go for so long that I never got around to typing it up. Actually I did once but then it all deleted when I tried to post a pic so I said screw it. But I'm gonna try to throw something together tonight. But so its nothing special, I like to think it has potential, but its not there yet.

Also I am planning on getting a kessil for mine down the road. I think a kessil over a rimless tank will look really clean and nice

I actually haven't posted my build... I have felt like the progress has been so stop and go for so long that I never got around to typing it up. Actually I did once but then it all deleted when I tried to post a pic so I said screw it. But I'm gonna try to throw something together tonight. But so its nothing special, I like to think it has potential, but its not there yet.

Also I am planning on getting a kessil for mine down the road. I think a kessil over a rimless tank will look really clean and nice

Yea man. The kessils are nice! I'd like to get rid of the mini planet orbiting above my tank! That's pretty much the only thing I need. The rocks are cooking in a bin for a while before I start. Just to get rid of as much death off it I can. It's actually pretty clean though.

Here is a Kessil A150 Ocean Blue over my Solana. I do like it, but it'll be replaced soon.

I have the same setup as you minus the bioreactor. I have actually been giving thought to ditching the chemipure and purigen and going with Chaeto and rubble rock.

Good job on the scape, pillars look great in solanas. They do still make solanas, they just don't make the all in one's anymore. I just purchased mine a few weeks ago

I just put water in my old Solana AIO last month. Still cycling. I love that tank. I like your rock work.

Here is a Kessil A150 Ocean Blue over my Solana. I do like it, but it'll be replaced soon.

I have the same setup as you minus the bioreactor. I have actually been giving thought to ditching the chemipure and purigen and going with Chaeto and rubble rock.

The more I see kessils on a solana, the more I want one on mine. They just look clean and minimalistic.

Thanks guys! This rock work will def have some nice areas for swimmers, perchers, and bottom dwellers.

I am also going to be putting up black acrylic against the back wall. The textured back just seems hard to clean. I think the black acrylic will make the tank pop more. Pictures to come

Here is the new back wall curing. Another thing I did was put black vinyl in the rear glass to lower the leak from the light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
Back