Randalls pistol shrimp vs coral banded shrimp?

jock

Hi. I have a randalls pistol shrimp coming next Friday. It has just occurred to me that they are quite small and my coral banded shrimp is getting quite large. Will these coexist? Or will the coral banded need to be rehomed? Getting the randalls to hopefully pair with goby (which I don't have yet). Also have a skunk cleaner, dwarf hermits, pom pom crab (possibly... not seen in about a year now ha) and a emerald mithrax crab.
Will they all get along? :)

Thanks

I wouldn't think they would have any issues but I've never had a coral banded shrimp. The Randall's really needs a prawn goby. They can't see well and it may not come out I eat if it doesn't feel safe. The fish provides the lookout so the shrimp can work digging and finding food.

Hmm the yellow watchman goby is coming the same day. It could be 6wks before they are together due to qt of goby. Do you think that's too long for shrimp on its own? I guess after tank transfer (13days) I could put goby and shrimp in same qt tank? Or will shrimp be fine for ~6 weeks?

You can put the shrimp in QT with the goby. Just fill a little Tupperware container with sand for it to dig in. The goby shouldn't need copper, double check on Praziquantel but I think it's invert safe other than for feather dusters.

The shrimp and goby really don't care about each other. It's a marriage of convenience, and they will pair up. Unfortunately as the pistol grows larger he may have to be removed, if of the tiger species, which grows up and kills their partner goby and may kill other fish.

Back