Rate to decrease salinity?

In Deep Water

In Memoriam
I would like to lower my salinity a little. What is a good rule of thumb when lowering. I do not have any corals in the tank, but do have several shrimp, lobster etc.. The fish are currently in the QT tank. Thanks.

just top off with straight ro water, A good rule of thumb is a HYDROMETER, run your salinity from .023 to .025 and top your tank off everyday with ro water

just start topping off with plain ro water it will come down, what do you usally top off with and how much

Ive been topping off with RO/DI since ive been told that my method was wrong. It was a consistent 1.025 for a while. Then I recently removed the top to keep the temp at a steady 80F. This is causing it to evaporate more rapidly. Im in the process of purchasing the Tunze Osmolator for top off and still not sure on the RO/DI unit yet.

I top off a 90 with a gallon and a half every night mines never moves much. I do water changes every 2-3 weeks also I never ever liked glass tops. tank needs to breath

Yea that is what I think. It has alot better gas exhange and keeps the temp very steady. Thanks for the advice! Drummereef thanks for the calc. Youve been a huge cornerstone for information. Always appreciated!!:D

Back