re aquascaping questions

i have been dealing with a serious algae bloom and almost got it under control its all most all gone and im gonna keep up w/ what im doing cause its working but one of the downsides to the algae bloom was that it smothered most of my corals so im down to just a few remaining.

so looking at the tank and reading everything i see on RC i saw a rearranging thread and said what better time to do it then now it would be easy to do and not to many corals to move around

so what are the downfalls to moving everything other then a stirred up tank and cloudy water for a little bit will it cause any spikes of another algae bloom ??

help please pics will follow if it sounds worth it !!!

Re arranging rock in a healthy system is more or less, harmless. Go ahead and experiment with aquascaping.

You will stir up stuff but it is probably a good thing. You could even take the rocks out, scrub them, and knock off some gunk in a bucked of water, then put them back in.

ok so go for it right that will give me the opportunity to scrub the reaming rocks from the bottom that i have yet to scrub hopefully i can make a killer new set up i'm still gonna wait a week or to to try and get rid of as much algae as i can ! after that the flow will be the next issue with the new arrangement

I have done when changing tanks. Just make sure you have extra saltwater made. Scrub every rock in saltwater and you will be fine.

ok thanks for all the help i'll be thinking out bout this over the next few days and see what i come up w/ but if i do do it i'm thinking i'll have 15 gallons on the side just in case. mind you my tank is only a 30

I just did this in my tank. I moved all of my rock to one end the first night, giving the inverts a chance to find a place to hide. The following nights i vaccumed the sandbed in small portions until all the open sandbed was cleaned up. Then moved all the rocks to the other end and vacuumed the remaining sandbed. Eventually over several nights and beers i got it re aqauascaped after it was all cleaned. I did get a orangish bloom in the sandbed afterwards but it is dissipating slowly. But this was a very poorly maintained tank that i inherited so who knows what i stirred up.

Back