Re;

brians4671

my hand held hanna ph/tds meter did not come in. i was expecting it today but all that came in was the cleaning solution. it appears there was an error when i placed the order. which is ok maybe its best. im considering an instrument more suitable to my future needs. any advice?

here is the thing Randy. Up to this point ive bought everything without limiting myself as to what ill be able to do with my tank.

for instance. This is my light Current USA 36 inch Outer Orbit 2x250w 10K HQI-MH w/ 4x39w T5 HO & 18 Lunar Lights and this is my skimmer is a deltec apf 600. so in the event i decide to have a sps dominant tank i dont have to make upgrades. keeping this in mind do i need a ph monitor or controller? is kalk only going to get me so far then ill be forced to use a reactor? if thats the case i will invest in a controller.

It looks perfectly fine for measuring pH with a handheld unit. I like to use a probe that reads in the water 24/7, but that is not any more accurate.

The conductivity part is suitable for monitoring RO/DI, but not tank salinity. ;)

indeed Randy the only reason i was taking advantage of the tds meter was for monitoring from the tap. I currently have an inline tds meter.

it does seem like a fine unit i agree. i would like both the handheld and something for 24/7 ph monitoring. maybe ill just swap my inline tds to the tap side of my ro unit if i need that detail. either way ill keep you posted on my progress Mr. Farley.

the guys at marine depot were great. i called and spoke to the guy i ordered from he appoligized profusely. i adjusted my order AM1111 American Marine Pinpoint pH Monitor and they are overnighting my goods free shipping.

Back