Ready to buy new bulbs...14k or 15k? Brand?

Fusch13

Well, the time has come to get new bulbs....the question is what brand? and 14k or 15k...or even 12k? I had a friend mention the Blueline 12K, any good?

Using Hamilton right now but thinking about going with Phoenix the next time. Is Phoenix that much more blue than Hamilton?

I had the Hamilton SE, and yes the Phoenix is a little bluer and a lot brighter than the 250W Hamilton SE. IMO.

I can see if I can get a picture of the tank with just the 14k bulbs running on it. I found the color to be great, however I wanted it to be a little brighter. I added 2 96 watt 50/50 pc bulbs and found my color variation that is the best asthetically pleasing for me. I will try and post some pics later tonight. I have noticed that growth seems to be good.

Yes the colors are pretty good. The reds, greens, and yellows are very good. The blues, and purples are challenged by the blue spectrum a little but still very pronounced. I have no regrets in getting them. I would love to have them in 400w. Would probably be a lot brighter, but wld probably be overkill on my 90. I have them about 10" off of the water.

Back