Real reef rock

Sammy uses it and likes it a lot. I have heard a couple others say good things. Never used it personally

Ya I've read good things too, I just wanted to see if anyone uses it and how it compares to other live rock.

From what I understand it's dead man made rock that's colored purple/red.

Not any difference between real reef and the other stuff that I noticed, but it's good because since it's not taken from the ocean it doesn't have a negative effect in the oceans coal reef according to them. But the only reason I like it a lot is because of its looks and shapes, and how it makes your tank look, they do come with the added bonus of no pests in your tank ;-)

Not any difference between real reef and the other stuff that I noticed, but it's good because since it's not taken from the ocean it doesn't have a negative effect in the oceans coal reef according to them. But the only reason I like it a lot is because of its looks and shapes, and how it makes your tank look, they do come with the added bonus of no pests in your tank ;-)

Thanks for the reply guys!

How long has you tank been established sammy330? Did you get dry real reef rock? Do you know where to find the branching type that is listed on their website?

Last edited:
I got my real reef live rocks from living reef, I got 3 tanks 2 haven been running for about 10 + months and one for 3. I also heard WWC sells the real reef life rock and they got the cheapest price on them at $6.99 a pound, they usually average 8-$10 a pound. If you asked either store if they can get you the branching type on their next order I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

Back