recomend chiller???

thebest3

looking for a decent chiller for about 300 gallon total water..inline or coil??horse???any advise thanks...

Based upon some general guidelines, you're looking at 1/3 to 1/2 HP. It really depends on the temperature you plan on keeping the tank, the ambient temperature of the room and the amount of heat you plan on adding to the tank (MH, pumps, etc).

just as pete said, I think that you're gonna have to go with at least a 1/3hp. I would recommend tha 1/2hp though. and as far as inline or drop in, it's a preference thing. both work well. it's just whatever works best for your set up.

I have my 300g on a 1/2hp inline Tradewinds chiller and really like it. I think it cost around $950 shipped, they are in SoCal. I put mine on the other side of the wall from the tank though, they are somewhat noisy and release a lot of heat into the air (all that energy in the water has to go somewhere!).

Yep and it is always better to go overkill on size IMO. That way it doesnt come on so much. I have a 1/3HP chiller on my 60 cube:)

you want quiet chiller....... I don't know if that exists. but I've tried/seen quite a few chiller. aqualogic, artica, tradewinds, etc.... etc.... and the quietest one imho is the jbj artica chillers. they're not silent, but quiet enough for the living room.

I have a Prime 1/3 hp inline chiller and it works great for ~300 gal of water however, it depend on where the chiller will be and any circulation in the room at all. Mine is in the family room and it is extremely hot and humid if the a/c is not on and no windows is opened, in addition to that it ran all the time.

I would recommended 1/2 hp.

1/2 hp and you won't have to upgrade. Inline all day long.

I haven't done any comparisons but I run both a coralife aquachill and a teco (teclima) chiller and both do a fine job.

I will say that I once owned two of the 1/2hp aquachills at the same time and one was quieter than the other so go figure...

Back