Recomended 48" Metal Halide Fixtures

WaterssretaW

I say recomended because I dont need the BEST, I just need to know what 48" fixtures the experts use.

thanks everyone!

Fixtures?

Fixtures?

Not sure I know what you're looking for...are you just looking for "fixtures", or are you asking about light systems which include halides, actinics, etc/?

LL

I agree

I agree

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12277549#post12277549 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sditch
Current USA Outer Orbit is a great fixture.......

I sold a Coralife Aqualight Pro in favor of a Current USA Outer Orbit with T5 Actinics. I prefer this Current USA - better construction, better instructions, better reflectors, quiter operation. T5's can be changed to alter the color of your corals. Stock from Current USA are standard 420nn and 260nn Blue actinics. You can really play with different T5 colors for different affects. I changed out the 10K stock MH bulbs with Phoenix 14K - I like more white and blue in my tanks.

LL

Re: I agree

Re: I agree

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12278550#post12278550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lightsluvr
I sold a Coralife Aqualight Pro in favor of a Current USA Outer Orbit with T5 Actinics. I prefer this Current USA - better construction, better instructions, better reflectors, quiter operation. T5's can be changed to alter the color of your corals. Stock from Current USA are standard 420nn and 260nn Blue actinics. You can really play with different T5 colors for different affects. I changed out the 10K stock MH bulbs with Phoenix 14K - I like more white and blue in my tanks.

LL

Correction above - the stock Current USA actinic T5 are 420nn and 460 nn.
Just for grins, I replaced on set of my T5s with a Giesmann super actinic plus.
Beautiful actininc colors...

LL

Need more specifics from you. Depth of tank is important to know. Also budget is important to know. Are you interested in going traditional with metal halides or are you experimenting with all T5 or LED. It would be helpful to put a description of your tank and setup when asking advice on the forum.
Cheers!:)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12329465#post12329465 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reef Stallion
If he has a 55 gallon that would be overkill. If he has anything over a 75, that would be awesome.

His "current tank" is a 120g Oceanic.. Am I missing something?

Back