Recommend a skimmer?

xxoutlawtorn

I have a 90 gallon tank not drilled, so I need a HOB protein skimmer. Any recommendations? Looking for the most bang for the buck. Thanks a lot.

hmm.. for HOB for that large.. It's going to be tough, in my opinion. Your 'best bang for the buck' on a tank that size is probably a Tunze skimmer. They're not hang on, but they sit in the tank. (They don't take up that much room, IMO).. If you have extra cash, you can look into a Deltec Skimmer.

How do you feel about overflow boxes, and tying that to a sump?

That will give you a lot more options.

I use seaclone 150 on my 120g tank. and i have one seaclone 100 on my 75g and one on my 30g they work good for me i grow zoa's and leathers. i have plenty of fish. works for me.

Best skimmer would be a Deltec MCE 600.
Great skimmers, sure they cost more , but they skim better than most hang on skimmers .

Without a sump you really need a strong flow to keep everything suspended and to over skim. They're seems to be a lot of HOB for sale on the used forum. You could also look into the Octo 500 or the 800. Good luck

If you want the most foul smelling skimate material collected out of your tank....Deltec MCE 600....bubble chamber is unreal!
208490600.jpg

Back