Recommend Fish for New Tank

rock_on

My 90 gal tank has completed its cycle. I currently have live rock, snails and crabs.

What type of fish are recommend to start with?

The world is your oyster my friend. Check out a website like live aquaria, find some fish you like and go from there. Once you have a stock list in mind, run it by snorvich in the stock list sticky at the top of this forum. Keep in mind that all fish are not compatible with each other, and the order you add them can be important. Good luck!

Like he said take a look at what you're looking to do. Me I'm a fan of clowns and anthias. I have a Bartlett anthias now but My next tank I'll be going either lyretail or squareback.

Ok thanks for the replys. I am planning on getting coral. I'll see what I can come up with.

Sounds like clowns are a good place to get the ball rolling.

One more question....how many fish can I put in at a time?

You could get a yellow eye kole tang! Oh and by the way, I would suggest not getting a tomato clown. They get big, and aggressive, and will limit what you can stock your tank with, get a cute little ora picasso :D

Good luck, as Portsie said "the world is your oyster!"

Cool...there are so many possibilities, it's almost overwhelming.

The suggestions have been a good starting point.

I am a big fan of the flasher and fairy wrasses. They have some amazing colors, great personalities, and are really active.

Back