recommend something that will eat my coral

wife no likey

Does anybody have a recommendation on something (a pygmy angel of some sort ?) that will stick to eating polyps and/or mushrooms?

I have these cursed pink palys that I want to get rid of, as well as some mushrooms that snuck in. The problem is though that I have some decent sized acros as well as three crocea's, and large colonies of acans that need to stay around for awhile. :)

Why not frag and sell the ones you don't want? You're not going to find a fish that only eats the ones you want it to.

Why can't you frag them or just get rid of the rock. You could super glue the mouths.
What you can't do is buy a fish which is only going to eat the corals you want it to.

believe me. .there is no human intervention that will get rid of the things.

If necessary, I could move the acans elsewhere though.

I was just hoping that somebody would be able to provide some insight on something that specifically seems to have a taste for softies and the like.

Some fish tend to have a propensity for eating softies, but it depends on the fish. They may not touch corals or they may eat lps and sps, too.

nuke them with Kalk paste. It works. I use it to control the brown and gray palythoas that constantly try to overtake my pretty Zoas.

one time i had an aptasia problem and i purchased joes juice and one day while killing aptasia i accidently sprinkled some joes juice on a colony of green zoos and it killed the polyps it landed on so you can give that a shot

Kalkpaste works wonders. Cut the majority of the mushrooms off the rock and then cover the remaining tissue with a kalkpaste. That wil burn the rest of the tissue away and prevent regrowth. You definately want to cut the majority of them out first, they release a lot of nasty chemicals if you just outright cover them with kalkpaste (I still do it though hehe)

If you dont have luck with kalkpaste (sounds like you have quite the infestation other reefers would die to have) try hitting up the invert forum.

I'm sure theres probably some kind of nudibranch that feeds specifically on the species of corals you want it to - the tricky part will be finding out how to get your hands on one

Realistically you aren't going to find an animal that will feed on mushrooms. I've never heard of one.

I believe some flatworms would actually (at least i've seen it in a pico, but the mushroom tends to be pretty dang strong)

Back