Recommendations for a 250 DE bulb

captain7359

Looking for input on a new DE bulb. Probably something in the 10K range as I will be doing led's for the blue side of the lighting. Anyone have any they are looking to get rid of so I can see what a few different ones look like before I commit?

Ushio 14k gets my vote

I finally made it to beers of the world this past week.
How ironic is this: I met a guy there to pick up two used ballasts AND some Ballast Point IPA!

:)

I would whole heartedly agree with that.
He's talking 10K. If you get into 14s, you'll likely get some Phoenix love as well. I am definitely an Ushio fanboy but I ran 20s. Walter is going to run LEDs for his blues. Their 10s give a great full coloration pop.

Still have a 180, but redoing the floor in the living room and considering putting a 93 cube in the 180's place. I've run a few different 250W SE bulbs on my frag tank over the years and liked the ushio's for growth and xm's as well, but wasn't too sure how different of an animal the DE bulbs were. Looking to use the led's in the new setup for the efflorescence and a good 10K for decent growth and a good color balance. I have never been a fan of the super blue looking tanks and have always leaned more towards a natural look while still making the greens and pinks still pop.

Back