Recovering Backup file from dead controller

bqq100

So my Apex Lite bit the dust and I am replacing it with a used Apex Classic. I know I can't load the backup directly since it is a different controller, but is there anyway to decode the backup file I have from the Apex Lite to get the logic that I had defined for each outlet?

I opened the file in a hex editor and I can see the outlet names, email configuration, password (in plaintext! :eek2: ), but none of the logic definitions.

Anyone know if it is possible to read that information from the backup file? It's been a long time since I set all of that up and I'm dreading having to do it all again.

Thanks!

As painful as it may sound its always better to set them up from scratch!
If your totally adverse to that then maybe you can buy a lite on ebay, do the restore and input the programs into the Classic and when done resell the Lite on eBay for a few $$ less.

As painful as it may sound its always better to set them up from scratch!
If your totally adverse to that then maybe you can buy a lite on ebay, do the restore and input the programs into the Classic and when done resell the Lite on eBay for a few $$ less.

Thanks, was always planning on setting it up manually, but I had a lot of advanced outlets and I wanted to copy/paste the logic I had setup.

And my plan was to get another Lite, but I couldn't find one!

Back