Recovering Router Password

Lightsluvr

Tangaroa to 500 gallons
Premium Member
Cheesh! Another rookie mistake...

I misplaced the password for my router, and have ground to a halt after inputting the web address for my "server". I know it's stored on my computers somehwere, because all of my computers remember the password and log onto the home system automatically...

Any idea where to find the password stored on the computer? And no, Linksys was no help at all... they'd be glad to make me pay for their customer support service...

LL

Re: Recovering Router Password

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15465044#post15465044 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lightsluvr
Cheesh! Another rookie mistake...

I misplaced the password for my router, and have ground to a halt after inputting the web address for my "server". I know it's stored on my computers somehwere, because all of my computers remember the password and log onto the home system automatically...

Any idea where to find the password stored on the computer? And no, Linksys was no help at all... they'd be glad to make me pay for their customer support service...

LL
Why not reset the router and reprogram it. Only takes 5mins or so tops. The reset button is in the back and hold it down for 5secs then navigate to 192.168.1.1(usually) and login using admin for the password.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Just what I did - thanks for the reminder. Managed to get the firmware on my router updated as well...

LL

Update

Update

Apex is online and accessible via the internet. Everything works except graphs, which are sporadic from computer to computer. Cannot figure out why, but that is a minor issue at this point...

LL

I had that as well. Graphs depending on what system I had would sometime works sometimes not. I use firefox now with the max connections forced to 3 and that works like a charm

Back